Friday, October 23, 2009

I <3 Johnathan Adler




If I was stranded on a deserted island and could choose only 10 people to join me, Johnathan Adler would easily make my top 5! I would ask him to join me on the island because I would need a religious leader. And on my island good design is my religion and a fabulous designer would be my prophet;) I love Johnathan Adler..love him love him love him. He is one of my favorite modern day designers for several reasons. First of all, he believed in himself! When he was in a college sculpting class his professor had the nerve to tell him he didn't have enough talent to amount to anything. Adler believed in himself and kept making his whimsical animal pieces...and hello now they are famous! Plus, he has his own home decor EMPIRE now. Another reason I adore Adler's work is because I love the way he is able to throw a touch of whimsy into modern design. I love modern design but I also love color and comfort...um and stuff:) Adler makes me feel like less of a traitor to Eames. It's like, "Ah! I can mix modern with traditional!" So, eventually one day maybe I will meet Johnathan. I just hope we won't be stuck on a deserted island cause just imagine all the shopping we'd miss out on;)


No comments:

Post a Comment