Thursday, October 22, 2009

Not Your Average Nursery





So I have a confession to make. When I find out that I have a friend that is preggers I am more excited to hear how they are going to decorate the baby's room than I am to find out the sex or name. (Although finding out the sex is an important piece of info when planning the room) If I had more rooms and an everlasting uterus I'd keep having babies in order to have more rooms to decorate...I mean there are so many great products available. I'm a big fan of Dwell products and Apartment Therapy has really great ideas as well. I love baby rooms that reach out of the box. Kids love colors and cozy places. And organization is critical when planning a baby room. But other than that, express yourself! I have to say that my daughter's room was an expression of my delight and joy that I was finally having a little girl. I made sure to make it girly but strong (we are a family of feminists). So if you're pregnant or know someone who is expecting, encourage them to reach beyond the typical boring nursery ideas and make sure it's fun! I'm just waiting on my sister to start her family...we already have her baby room decor planned;)


No comments:

Post a Comment