Thursday, October 22, 2009

I don't even sew but still...






Right now, right this second I am diggin Amy Butler! She has a gift for mixing beautiful florals and modern lines that make my heart go pitter patter. I'm not a sewer but I LOVE pretty fabric. I fold it and stack it in pretty rows in my closet just to look at it. I mean I do OWN a sewing machine but pillows are about as far I as I go. Truth be told you don't have to sew to use fabric! I've used it to collage or decoupage. Also, you can frame pretty pieces and hang it as art...cause really that's what it is. I had a friend who loved a print so much she just stapled yards of it to her wall...no one would guess it was fabric. It looked like wallpaper and it was beautiful! For a fee per yard you can have an acrylic backing applied to the fabric of your choice for easier and more efficient wall application. So maybe it's odd that I love to own pretty fabric and don't even sew. The way I see it, fabric is another form of art and the design possibilities are endless! Plus, it's PRETTY! And pretty things make me happy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment